WALTHAM, Mass., October 11, 2018—Cadmus, a leading consultancy in areas from energy, water, and transportation to safety, security, and resilience, has been selected by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to deliver support that will advance transportation agency capabilities incorporating resilience and durability in programs and practices.
The three-year contract will encompass several tasks aimed at building FHWA resilience activities and will provide knowledge-sharing opportunities for metropolitan planning organizations, state departments of transportation, federal land management agencies, and tribes. Cadmus will:
- Develop case studies summarizing each of the selected pilots and other resiliency efforts
- Coordinate webinars with the intention of cultivating a “community of practice” among practitioners
- Support the coordination of peer exchanges to present tools and techniques that can be applied to address resiliency and durability considerations
- Provide a range of technical support to pilot participants and other agencies to help address and integrate resiliency and durability in plans, programs, and projects
- Develop materials to disseminate lessons learned from the FHWA pilot program, including a final report on the pilot program and PowerPoint presentations over the course of the contract summarizing the status, highlights, and results of the pilot program
Cadmus is a prime contractor with FHWA’s Office of Planning, Environment, and Realty, the agency’s advocate and national leader for environment protection and enhancement, comprehensive intermodal and multi-modal transportation planning, and for fair and prudent acquisition and management of real property. Learn more about Cadmus’ comprehensive services across all transportation modes at www.cadmusgroup.com/transportation.
The Cadmus Group LLC is a strategic and technical consultancy compelled to help solve the world’s most challenging problems. We assemble outstanding teams of leading experts who work seamlessly across disciplines to help our clients achieve extraordinary results. From energy, water, and transportation to safety, security, and resilience—together, we are strengthening society and the natural world. Cadmus’ more than 600 consultants serve government, commercial, and nongovernmental organizations around the world.